Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thoughts on Motherhood

Happy Mothers' Day 2011!

1. Cribs make fabulous places to stack clothing. Co-sleeping is much easier.

2. I have exactly zero photos of my daughter drinking from a bottle and continue trying to capture the look in her eye while she nurses.

3. Putting a clean diaper under the dirty one when you change it has saved me a number of times.

4. Rice cereal is disgusting and unnecessary.

5. Wipe warmers, however, are not unnecessary.

6. I sometimes wonder how moms didn't go bonkers with video monitors.

7. Motherhood is a lot harder than it looks. It's a lot more awesome than can be imagined, too.

8. You'll do a lot of things to your kid you wouldn't do for anybody else - like pick her nose and kiss her toes.

9. Baby giggles are like a serenade.

10. Sleep beats sex.

11. There's a reason that the sayings about parenthood are cliches. It's because they are most often true.

12. I wouldn't trade motherhood for any job or career in this world.

13. I better understand the Mother Bear instinct.

14. I really think God sprinkles mommy dust when you give birth. Life changes in strange, wonderful ways.

15. Naps are like a God.

No comments:

Post a Comment